When you need a series of dental treatments to rebuild or restore missing or damaged teeth, you will need to undergo a full mouth reconstruction or rehabilitation. These procedures can be scheduled over the course of a few months or a few years, depending on the types of treatment and procedures you need. You may be working with oral surgeons, periodontists, endodontists, and cosmetic dentists to achieve the results you need.
Reasons to Undergo Full Mouth Reconstruction
There are several reasons why you may need to undergo a full mouth reconstruction. These include:
- Replace missing teeth after tooth decay, trauma, or gum disease
- Replace or restore teeth that are damaged
- Replace teeth that have been worn down
- Improve the bite to reduce jaw pain
Dr. Fard and Dr. Dary will need to review the following to determine whether you are a candidate for this extensive dental procedure:
- Condition of your teeth
- We will need to take any need for treating root canals, broken teeth, cracks, or cavities into consideration before putting together your treatment plan.
- Periodontal issues
- If you have any type of gum disease, you may need to seek treatment before a tooth restoration procedure can begin.
- TMJ functioning
- If you have TMJ problems or any other issues associated with your bite, we may need to address this before we can perform additional procedures.
Types of Smile Makeover Procedures
Every patient has unique needs and our qualified dental professionals can determine exactly which procedures are necessary for a full mouth reconstruction procedure. These include:
- Restorative dentistry procedures
- Gum disease treatment
- Crown lengthening procedures
- Gum tissue contouring
- Orthodontic treatment
- Dental implants
- Bone or soft tissue grafting
A full mouth reconstruction can be accomplished through a series of restorative dentistry procedures combined with any necessary endodontic, periodontal, or orthodontic treatments. To start your smile makeover in Oakley, CA, schedule a consultation with Dr. Fard and Dr. Dary today!